Zoe Zmuda — a sophomore in high school — created this YouTube video as a culminating artifact to reflect on how education leaders (from classroom to consultant) pay attention to life skills as part of regular instructional practice.
Points discussed within the video:
- the many types of life skills that should be fostered from an early age
- why these skills are crucial for students and later in life, and how they correspond to Habits of Mind
- balancing students’ need to work alone versus working with others in the classroom
- keeping students engaged while building life skills
- modeling communication and collaboration
Thank you Lorena Kelly, Mary Manley, and Bena Kallick for contributions.