Welcome! Please hang out on our Todays Meet! Click here for a transcript.
Envisioning Contemporary LearnerBold_Moves_for_Schools_45 (3)
Modern Learners – Students and Teachers
- Chapter 1 – Refreshed Pedagogy for the Contemporary Learner (from Bold Moves for Schools.)
- Protocol: Save the Last Word for Me
How that Plays out in Pedagogy
- Slide Deck- Purpose and Pedagogy
- Learner Metaphors: I learn like a _________ because of _________.
- Reimagining Role as a Contemporary Teacher: Teachers Job Description
- Slide Deck – Personalized Learning Connection
- Engaging Students and Teachers in an APP Study
Thorny, Rich Problems
Click here to see what others are working on.
Three Learning Tenets
- The learner engages with relevant, worthy inquiries and experiences that are interesting or emotionally gripping.
- The learner engages in an active, intentional cycle with clear goals and right-sized, actionable steps.
- The learner engages in social, collaborative opportunities that grow expertise.
- Slide Deck- Three Tenets
- Connection between Three Tenets and Dispositions: Three Tenets of Learner Engagement V2
Getting Ready to LaunchElements-of-Contemporary-Quest_v1
Brief Description of Quest Planning Portals and Personalized Learning: Quest Planning Portals – V2-2
Link to Google folder —Tri-PreCon Quest Drafts— where Quest planners live. There is a blank template in the folder. Go to File, Make a copy, and rename it to identify your quest. Make sure that your copy is in the Google folder.
- Slide Deck for Quest Development
- Slide Deck for Personalizing Quest Design
- Curriculum 21 CLEARINGHOUSE of Tagged Apps and Resources
DAY 2 – Developing Design in Relation to Structures of Learning
Generating Quest Designs
- Slide Deck – Sample of Upgraded Units/Quests
- Example: Four Program Structures
- Blank Version: Four Program Structures
- Learner Self-Monitoring Tool- Formative Assessment-Grade 1
- Learner Self-Monitoring Tool- Sample Info-Writing
- Learner Self-Monitoring Tool- Sample Algebra
- Sample from Carlene from First Grade to Senior Year
- Student Created Portfolio: High School Senior from Lima, Peru